Monday, October 6, 2008

Germany....check

get ready for another long post...

Tuesday the 20th was the Russian tybble party. We had to wear red and drink vodka. Robin's dad and dad's fiance were in town so they came over and he cooked us some dinner. The chicken was so good. We hung out with them a little bit then went down to the party. It was fun, just another hang out with the international students.

Wednesday Karla, Robin, and I went to the Frimis free buffet. We took Robin's dad and dad's fiance. They had french fries and I piled my plate high with them. Then we walked to O'Leary's and watched half of a soccer game. Some town drunk came over to us and started talking about America and how we are all white nazi's. We had to call someone over to take him away. We were pretty tired so we went back home at half time.

I started my Developmental Psychology class on Thursday. It was SO boring. At least I have people in there to talk to. The girls waited for me to get out of class and then we went into town. We met up with the dad and fiance and walked around a bit. We saw their hotel and then we headed to Pitchers. I got a Tiger Woods burger which had BBQ suace on it. It was DELICIOUS.
We hung out there for a little bit and then decided to head home.

I had class again on Friday and was in a bad mood when I woke up. Class was again so boring it was torture. Robin and I went to tybble pizza. Then we went to a little party for an hour just to say hi and Happy Birthday. It was kinda a long creepy walk. We went home and I packed for Hamburg.

Saturday I woke up around 7:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I got up and got ready for Hamburg. I met the girls at the bus stop arounf 10am and we headed to the train station. We got on the train and switched 2 times. It went by pretty fast. Then we took a short bus ride to the airport. We met up with everyone there and checked in and went to the gate. We boarded around 3:25pm and I sat with Robin and Karla. Jerry, Fede, and Chris were in front of us. The flight was pretty fast and not bad. We landed jumped on another bus and headed to town. We got to town and we were all pretty starving. We went to a nice restaurant and I got some pesto and a Becks. It was so good! Then we headed to the hostel. They had said online that it was right across from the subway exit so we got off and I recognized the sign from the pictures. But some guy told us to make a left, left and then a right. We walked for 45 mins before finding it RIGHT ACROSS from the subway. Luckily the guy was still there and we got in, freshened up and Danielle, Uta, Quang, and Fede met me, Karla, Jerry, and Chris at our hostel around 11pm. Andrew, Robin and Brad were too far away so they stayed in for the night. We all went to Reeperbahn which is the red light district with all the bars and sex stores. It was so lit up and so many people were out. Not like Orebro where the streets are empty at 7pm. It was so fun, Karla and I were kinda tired but Fede, Jerry, and Chris wanted to go to this Rock club. Fede couch surfed and the girl who he stayed with came out too. She was so cool. At first the music was really awful and then they started playing songs Karla and I knew so we had fun. We didnt dance, just watched everyone else. We got home and got to bed and it was 4:30am.

Sunday we were gonna get up at 11am but decided to sleep and got up at 1. Fede met us at the hostel and we went into town to meet everyone. The weather was so awful! We walked around a bit, went into the Europa Passage mall and I got some Chai which tasted like heaven. We decided to just hop on the bus and go to Robin, Andrew, and Brads hotel. So we all went and there was a Kebab place and people got some. I showered at the hotel. Everyone but me and Karla went to the Queen concert so we stayed behind and slept and got ready. We took some awesome pictures jumping on the bed. Everyone got back around 11pm and we went to our hostel to drop our stuff off and then headed out for the night. We first went to a rock bar and the live band was AMAZING. I was having a great time. Then a bunch of drama happened. People were crying, I was one of them and we walked home. When we got to bed it was about 3:30am.

Today I woke up around 10am. Got ready, woke the others and checked out. Fede met us and me and Karla had seen a 24 hour bakery and wanted to get something. I got a blueberry muffin that was so good. We went into town and met up with everyone and walked around. The sun was shining and it was gorgeous. I bought a shot glass and we just went into some shops. Then we headed for the bus station. We got on the bues around 3:45pm and headed to the airport. Our flight left at 6:20pm and it was another ok flight. Robin, Karla and I bought a one-way ticket on the bus everyone else had taken on Saturday and we hopped on. It was a really noisy and shaky bus but I was comfortable with Jerry sitting next to me. We got to Orebro around 10:00pm and went to the bus stop. We saw it wasn't coming for 20 mins and all went into McDonalds and got something. I got on the bus and now I'm home. It was probably one of the best times of my life and I feel so much closer to this group of people. They will be lifelong friends.

No comments: